Idea Napkin
My name is Jessica Basallo. I am a second-year business student at UF and I am what you could call a jack of all trades. Although my passion is law, I’ve competed in marketing and management case study competitions at the international level, written award-winning business plans, participated in countless Model United Nations (International Relations, Crisis) Debates, as well as have held a variety of leadership positions both professionally and in extracurriculars in high school and college, I’ve even been employed as an assistant teacher for students with special needs. Since a young age, I’ve learned that the greatest strength a person could have is adaptability, and I am constantly working on improving that skill. I am known to be dependable in every situation, and for handling crises effectively and rationally. My main goal in life is to become the first Latina President of the United States of America (Basallo 2036) (I’ll be okay if Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez beats me to it). Starting any kind of business is a great stepping stone in the game of life and a business such as this Indoor GPS could make connections in both the private and public sectors that could be extremely beneficial in my rise to the presidency.
I am offering customers an extension to a product they already probably use every single day. I am offering to relieve their confusion and anxiety and remedy their tardiness. Indoor GPS will help its users travel from point A all the way to their EXACT point B, instead of its lobby.
The primary target audience is Board Members or Student governments at large school districts and universities. A product like this would only be feasible through several partnerships and strategic alliances with our customers and users. Even though the actual users of the app are the ultimate consumer, we must get through the first line of authority first. But a comprehensive product like this can be marketed to just about any person who’s gotten lost in a building before.
Schools often have to take students or teachers out of class to show visitors around and often have trouble running effective afterschool parent programs because of their inability to get around. An app that would reduce the number of students missing class and staff being pulled from their jobs, while also increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of tours and afterschool programs is in the best interest of any administration. Also, all businesses are constantly looking for ways to boost their reputation, what better way to do that than make their customers’ experiences at their physical buildings easier and faster.
As a student who’s been put in situations that could’ve been solved by such an app countless times, I believe I have a special connection to my product. I did not simply recognize a random need, but I recognized my own and brainstormed ways to fix it; which is, in my opinion, an excellent testament to my adaptability and aptitude at crisis solving.
I believe all these aspects come together to make this product incredibly unique and undeniably useful. Although it is very broad, and to some unrealistic, through partnerships and personal marketing this product could soar.
Hey Jessica,
ReplyDeleteI am also a business student! I could tell that you put a lot of thought into the Indoor GPS. What would you call it? I think your idea is spectacular, and so is the audience you chose. Although some people may think it’s unrealistic, if people got to the moon and something as technologically advanced as Google exists, I definitely see a reachable idea.